Rio 2016 The Olimpic Games and And Murray's Olimpic GOLD !!!

I have been watching Olimpic games since I was very little. I am very excited about following games as much as I can because of the time difference. I love Olimpic spirit, competiton and dedication that athletes do fight for their countries.

Some of the tennis players did not attend Rio because of Zika virus threat which is understandable, Roger Federer is absent because of injury. Men's draw were pretty exciting for me. Juan Martin Del Potro is back in tennis for 2 months time and he is getting better each day. To watch his play is incredible joyful to me as like many tennis lovers.

And Murray from Great Britain is so fit since the beginning of 2016, as he re-united coach Ivan Lendl, won Wimbledon this year again and with a great form , he came to Rio Olimpic Games. 2012 London, he won Olimpic Gold in tennis. He came to Rio to defend his title.

Juan Martin Del Potro is getting better day by day and I hope he will recover completely and find his great form again. This year in Wimbledon his performance was pretty good, and I believe he can win another Grand Slam so soon.

The final match between Andy Murray and Del Potro was pretty exciting and took 4 hours. Murray def. Del Potro 7-5, 4-6, 6-2 and 7-5.  Murray was very focused and dedicated from the first minute of the match. In addition his form was quite good and his family life appearantly helped him stay awake during match.  Del Potro is not fit enough to beat Murray, but nevertheless I must say that it is a very good sign that previous match Del Potro defeated World number one Novak Djokovic. As he got tired against Murray, Murray just took advantage and did less mistakes than him and took his second Olimpic Gold medal and he becomes the first tennis player with 2 Gold Olimpic Medals in history. Juan Martin Del Potro gets the silver medal for Argentina and welcomed as a hero in his country.



Bronze medal goes to Kei Nishikori for Japan against Rafa Nadal. I couldn't watch this game but as far as I followed Nishikori went for a toilet break and it took 11 minutes for him to get back to court. Spanish team tennis rep. Martinez declared that he also got a shower during this break. This behaviour is not even close to an Olimpic spirit nor sportsmanship. Nadal is also dealing with injuries and lost bronze medal this way.

Normally, I don't post anything rather than tennis but I think this is historic and also very fun and legendary at the same time. Usain Bolt won his 3rd Gold Olimpic Medal in 100 metres in 9.81 and made history. He is the only sprinter that got 3 Gold Medals in 3 different Olimpic Games (2008 Beijing, 2012 London and 2016 Rio) . More than that the meme that he was giving while crossing the competitors is priceless. I shared the photo below and it is amazing and reflects his sense of humor. He just looks like saying " Catch me if you can :) " Athletics is very popular and thanks to him more people follow the races.



Olimpic games will be ending this Sunday and hope you enjoy Olimpics.


*Photos taken from Olimpic Games FB page.

Yorumlar

Popüler Yayınlar