RAFA NADAL: ROLAND GARROS LEGEND


It is really hard to describe an amazing success that Rafa NADAL achieved in his golden career. He is one the greatest players of all time. Yet this never stops Rafa for wanting more. I guess this appetite for tennis holds him on top over the years.

Yesterday , actually I was expecting a bit different final. I thought that Dominic Thiem had a chance , at least we could watch a 5 set final match. But Rafa Nadal had his own plans. It was very clear from the very first moment that he really wanted this trophy so much. He stormed into the match and never let Dominic Thiem play like he did at Mutua Madrid Open. He was so dominant from the beginning. Dominic Thiem tried to resist his game but in 3 sets (6-4, 6-3, 6-2) Rafa Nadal reached his 11th Roland Garros trophy. Even only for this great achievement makes him a big tennis legend. This level of dedication, discipline, hard work, sacrifice many things to be the best shows us that if you work and believe hard enough- as a player- you become the best. He is Unbelievable. He is Unstoppable.

Rafael Nadal


What makes Rafa Nadal so special to me is his personality, his philosophy for the game. The more he achieve the more he becomes humble and mature. I have been watching him more than a decade and even once I did not witness that he did something unfair or rude to his opponent or a referee or to an audience. He respects the game and us - I mean fans- a lot. He is a perfectionist that's for sure. He likes to control many of things around him. He dedicates his all life to this amazing sport but he always carry the same modest attitude. If we look all the sports and big champions, legends, we really see the same pattern. This makes people love sports. I am a tennis fan for almost 30 years. I love tennis because of players not that I am playing. Players like Rafa Nadal, like Pete Sampras, like Roger Federer, like Steffi Graf, like Arantxa Sanchez, like Andre Agassi make me love the game, attract my interest as an audience for over the years.

I feel so lucky and blessed that I witness this great period of tennis. Especially while Rafa Nadal and Roger Federer in it. 

I must say few things about Dominic Thiem. Domi, you are a great player and you become better day by day. You have that same mature mentality and hard work pattern. I am pretty sure that you will be a Grand Slam champion very soon. Keep up the good work !



Photo: (Roland Garros Official Website)


Yorumlar

Popüler Yayınlar