The First Grand Slam of the Season: Australian Open


Hello to everyone after a long break!! It has been a long time since I watched a match. Due to time difference, I’m very happy to be able to catch up with the noon sessions of Australian Open Day 6.
Today I’m especially waiting for Federer vs. Tomic match. These two players also met before, and the match was very close. Tomic will play in front of the spectators of his home country. No matter how popular Federer is, this match looks to be a bit in the middle.

Let’s take a quick look at the first 6 days of the tournament before moving on to the matches. The biggest surprise for Australia is probably that Sam Stosur, who was their hopes for the championship, was eliminated in the early rounds. In the women’s matches the Serbians met; Ivanovic eliminated her countrywoman Jankovic. Her opponent was Radwanska. I don’t know whether this was good or bad since Radwanska is in great shape and a very solid player. I think she will ease past Ivanovic. We will see… Masha easily beat Venus Williams in the yesterday’s match. I watched part of the match on tape. Venus was hesitant and failed to focus on the match. She was also far from her past form but her game was extra dull. With her current game in a possible match-up, it seems that Masha cannot defeat the other sister, Serena. Azarenka is still on her way, but I haven’t seen any of her matches yet. So, I don’t exactly know her physical fitness. Things are not bad at all on women’s front. German player Kerber and Georges moved on the next round. Kerber might make an attack, but as I always say; in the presence of Serena, things are very tough for these players. Wozniacki has a match today, but I think she does not stand a good chance against Serena-Masha-Aga and Vika-Anjelique. But let’s see if she made any progress. J  In the tournament this year, the 42-year-old Japanese Date-Krumm surely made a big hit by eliminating a seed. This was one of the most significant moments of this tournament, since she became the eldest female player to win a match in the open-era tournament. J

From the men’s front, Djokovic is in great shape and plays almost without giving a set. I’m watching Murray’s match live right now. He is confident against his opponent, and is about to win. J.M. Del Porto made things pointlessly difficult for him. He plays against the French player Chardy. There is a tie both in the sets, 2-2 and in the games 3-3. I don’t know if this is due to heat or that today is not his day, he doesn’t look himself at all.
Nadal withdrew from the tournament due to stomach disorder. Besides, we cannot say that he fully recovered from his injury. Ferrer in good shape and is still on his way. Monfils is a player I like as he makes the game exciting. He has a match today. From the men’s front, if the first 3 continues without a loss, it looks as if the tournament might go between Murray-Djokovic, Federer- Tsonga. I just mentioned Del Potro; he was all over the place in the 5th set, so Chardy won the match. I don’t like these French players that much. I don’t like their game styles, but there are two exceptions; one of them is Tsonga and the other one is Monfils. Let's see what they will do.

This was more or less how things were in the first 6 days of the tournament. Time difference is an obstacle for me to watch the live matches. I will write them here whenever I am able to watch. I will write about Federer vs. Tomic match. The match has not started yet. I have a bad feeling that Federer will lose, but I hope I'm wrong. We will see in a few hours.


Yorumlar

  1. Nadalsız bir turnuva çok yavan . Alışıtırdı bizi.

    YanıtlaSil

Yorum Gönder

Popüler Yayınlar