What a great pleasure to watch you: Roger Federer, Men’s Singles Champion in Wimbledon 2012


There were two players I wanted to see them win this year. :) I’m so lucky that they met in the finals. When Roger Federer beat Djokovic in the semi final, I thought that this was a great chance for him to be the champion! Because in general, his two opponents can beat Federer. One of them is Nadal who was eliminated in the tournament, and the other one was Novak Djokovic. Therefore, this was an unmissable opportunity for Federer.


I think his opponent Andy Murray made himself a great favor with the coaching of Ivan Lendl, and started to receive its fruits. His game improved prominently. He is very good at both serving and returning. Furthermore, he also has a great variety of shots. Murray is an emotional player and he often loses his concentration quickly during the matches. But recently, he has also improved himself mentally, and I think what he actually needs to address and strengthen is his mental stamina.


When Nadal and Djokovic bid farewell to the tournament somehow, this became an unmissable opportunity both for Murray and Federer. When these two players met in the final, I actually wanted both of them to win from different perspectives. Federer is 30 years old and cannot win a Grand Slam since 2010, so there are now rumors about his retirement. That is to say, he currently has no much time like his opponents. Murray is the first English player to reach Wimbledon final after 74 years, and he plays at his home. He could not win a Grand Slam before, therefore in this respect, I root for him as well. :) 


During the match time, I felt the pressure for Murray in front of the TV. :) English people overcrowded the center court; Prime Minister and members of the Royalty were all there. :) Murray was expected to make a very nervous start, but on the contrary, Federer was the one to make a hesitant start. Actually, he had his own reasons to be nervous. This was his 8th final in Wimbledon. If he wins, with his 7th championship, he will catch up with Pete Sampras who is the reason for me to love tennis. He will also break a record with 17 Grand Slams and will return to his position of the world’s number one. What more could you ask for!!! From this perspective, the Maestro started the match quite nervously and he even made many unforced errors which he would never make normally. After I started to watch, even though I love Andy, I then became a real Federer fan. :)


Murray played superbly in the first set. Federer gifted the set to his opponent by making unbelievable unforced errors. Murray played the same consistent game, and even though he, at one point, had the chance to break the service, he failed. In fact, if he had broken the service, he would have won the match. But Federer is surely a very talented player. He has an incredible tennis mindset with a lot of positive aspects, and I think he is a player who is born to play this sport. Even though he did not play better than Murray in this set, he took advantage of his opportunity and made the score 1-1 in the sets.

At this point, the third set would seal the fate of the match, and this was the case. In fact, I think Murray also played very well in the third set, but here the important point is that Federer found out how he would return Murray’s superb services. While he made continuous errors with his backhand, he started to return the services with his forehand. When he decreased the unforced errors, his game started to become somewhat consistent. In that case, the balance of the game started to tip a bit towards Federer, and Federer won this set as well. Meanwhile there was a rain break. When the players returned, Federer was much better with the comfort that he had already won two sets. In Actually, Murray worked very hard in the match. He responded to every ball shot by his opponent. And this was the best match I have watched so far. He also managed himself well in terms of motivation and spirits. But at one point, when you cannot break that necessary service, you cannot win. I think it was also a very important factor that his opponent is, in my opinion, the best player in the tennis history. :) Federer very deservedly won the cup with the set scores of 4-6, 7-5, 6-3, 6-4, and made me very happy.


I was very happy and touched by the great expression of joy and amazement on his face for having made this achievement at the final point when he won the match. He also went through a difficult process due to his formidable opponents; I was very happy that he won the cup. On the other hand, Murray made a very emotional speech. I think he is also both a very good tennis player and a good person. Even I was moved to tears with his speech.:)

Consequently, this was one of the great matches I have seen. When both players are classy, you cannot get enough of watching these matches. I also would like to indicate that it is such a great opportunity and joy to watch Roger Federer. With his game, personality and grace, he really is an extraordinary person in tennis. I do love him, and I hope I will have the opportunity to watch him live on a court before he retires from tennis. :) Take good care…

Yorumlar

Popüler Yayınlar